Dienstag, 22. September 2009

I want to siiiiiiing!

The bad news arrived yesterday. My choir's next concert will be in a rather confined place and too many basses wanted to sing it, so two had to go. Since i did not sing the last project (I did not have the time thanks to just taking over a new office with the student administration and I did not like Brahm's Liebesliederwalzer that much anyway), I am out. At least for this project (and I really looked foreward to the Messiah). Oh well.
More time for other things, one might think. But the problem is, I really miss singing.
So now I have to embark on a quest for a new choir.
This should be easy, we are in Berlin, after all. There are very few places on Earth with more choirs. Alas, I have a few expectations.

  • The choir has to fit my timetable. A timetable I more or less build around the other choir's rehearsals.
  • The average age in the choir should not be too old. I have sung in three choirs in the past, where most people were 50 years old and older. While the music was good, the social life inside the choir happened without me.
  • The choir should perform with a certain amount of quality. I am used to sing in a very good choir and do not want to lose that.
  • Last but not least, after singing in a rather big choir focusing on oratories, I now want a smaller ensemble for a capella works.

This narrows it down quite a bit.

Well, next saturday, a friend of mine is celebrating her birthday and since she sings as well, there might be a few people there who could help me out with suggestions.

I will keep you informed on any new development.

Currently reading: "The Hippopotamus" by Stephen Fry. Review shall follow as soon as I am done.

1 Kommentar:

  1. I'd like to hear you sing! Post a video sometime ok? Or I could make you belt out a sing when I see you in England, eh?

    AntwortenLöschen